Property Maintenance Field Technician
Veno Properties is seeking a full-time Property Maintenance Field Technician to assist in maintaining residential rental homes and apartments throughout the Capital Region. As a Property Maintenance Field Technician, you will perform the general maintenance, repairs, make-ready, and periodic inspections of single-family and multi-family rental properties.
Veno Properties is a rapidly growing, locally-owned property management company that is committed to providing the absolute best support and service to our residents and clients. We love technology, moving fast, and having fun!
This job might be for you if:
- You enjoy solving problems, thinking on your feet, and learning new things.
- You are mechanically-oriented and like working with your hands.
- You enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic work environment where every day provides a new challenge.
- You are motivated, able to work independently, and are looking to grow with the company.
- You enjoy earning incentives for a job well done.
- You dislike meetings, sitting in an office, and shiny shoes.
- Flexible Scheduling Available
- Performance Bonuses
- WE PROVIDE:
- Company work van fully stocked with materials
- All tools, including Dewalt cordless power tools
- Gas card
- Cell phone
- Significant opportunities for growth to those who demonstrate an ability to work independently, reliably, and responsibly.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Vacant Unit Make-Ready – Patch, paint, replace locks, make keys, and perform minor repairs; remove small items and garbage left behind, perform light clean-up.
- Inspections - Conduct move-in, move-out, and interim photo inspections.
- Light Plumbing – Replace/repair toilets and fixtures, snake drains, and repair leaks.
- Light Electrical – Replace/repair light fixtures and receptacles.
- Appliance Installation/Repair – Install/replace appliances and perform basic diagnostics.
- Light Carpentry – Replace/repair doors, doorknobs, cabinets, windows, trim, flooring, tile; repair decks and fencing.
- Exterior Maintenance – Remove snow from steps and walkways using a shovel and/or snowblower; pressure-wash property exteriors; perform mowing, mulching, raking, and light landscaping.
- Basic HVAC – Replace thermostats, furnace filters, perform basic diagnostics.
- Administrative Duties – Promptly and accurately complete work order documentation in company-supplied tablet; record detailed descriptions of work performed and maintenance required; track hours worked and miles driven; process receipts and expenses; maintain calendar; communicate and occasionally schedule directly with tenants; track and replenish van stock/materials as needed.
- Communications – Notify management of all issues and potential concerns; communicate clearly and politely with residents; work well with other employees.
- Customer Service – Provide exceptional customer service and go above and beyond to exceed our residents’ and clients’ expectations; act in a professional manner; maintain a clean work area and vehicle; maintain a neat, uniformed, and professional appearance.
- Training and Continuous Improvement – Attend company-sponsored training events; seek out opportunities to maintain and update knowledge and skillset regularly.
- Safety – Be aware of and operate within OSHA standards and company safety policies; help to ensure a safe living environment for residents.
- Emergency Availability – On rare occasions, be available to assist with snow removal during storms on evenings or weekends for additional compensation.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 2 years experience as a handyman/maintenance technician, or in a related field. A solid and broad understanding of basic property maintenance, diagnosis, and repair techniques and materials is critical.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- HVAC experience is a BIG plus.
- Ability to communicate to read, speak, and write fluently in the English language.
- Knowledge and experience of basic hand and power tool operation such as drills, circular saws, multi-tools, miter saws, drain snakes, electrical testers, stud finders, etc.
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel throughout Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga, and Schenectady counties, occasionally in inclement weather.
- Ability to work independently, manage time effectively, and approach problems intelligently. Commitment to learning, growth, safety, and continuous improvement.
- Able to bend, squat, climb stairs, climb ladders, push and pull, reach above shoulder, grasp/grip, shovel, lift, and carry.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Working in a maintenance environment may mean exposure to dust, fumes, solvents, noise, variable lighting conditions, and exposure to inclement weather.
To apply, please submit your resume and salary requirements firstname.lastname@example.org